As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Featured article: Asthma and treatment with inhaled corticosteroids: associations with hospitalisations with pneumonia
Ekbom et al report that having asthma is associated with a three times higher risk of being hospitalised for pneumonia. Treatment with the inhaled corticosteroid fluticasone propionate is associated with an increased risk of pneumonia.
Featured article: The association between e-cigarette use and asthma among never combustible cigarette smokers: BRFSS 2016 & 2017
A large survey suggests that the odds of asthma is increased in individuals using e-cigarettes with no history of smoking combustible cigarettes. It highlights the need for longitudinal studies of pulmonary health in young e-cigarette-using adults.
We are recruiting new Associate Editors to join our international editorial board, helping to provide expertise on a wide range of different subject disciplines.
Aims and scope
Click here to view which Articles have been shared the most this year!
- Tamara Hughes, BMC, UK
- Anna Melidoni, BMC, UK
- Sanjay Chotirmall, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
- Isis Fernandez, Helmholtz Zentrum München
- Craig Hersh, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Joerg Mattes, University of Newcastle
- Montserrat Sanchez-Cespedes, Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute-IDIBELL
- Raffaele Scala, Unità Operativa Pneumologia, UTSIR e Endoscopia Toracica
- Giovanni Sotgiu, University of Sassari
- Giuseppe Verlato, University of Verona
- Maire Clayton, BMC, USA