BMC Pulmonary Medicine is recruiting new Editorial Board Members. With the increasing visibility of the journal, we are expanding our Editorial Board to ensure the journal is able to cope with an increasing number of submissions whilst maintaining high editorial standards.
We welcome applications from researchers working in areas associated with pulmonary medicine.
BMC Pulmonary Medicine scope and ethos
BMC Pulmonary Medicine is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers all aspects of research on pulmonary and associated disorders, including:
- Prevention, diagnosis and management of pulmonary diseases
- Molecular genetics and pathophysiology of pulmonary disorders
- Asthma and allergic disorders
- Lung cancer
- COPD, occupational lung disease, and smoking-related disorders
- Cohort , genetic association studies and prevalence studies on the epidemiology of pulmonary disorders
- Pulmonary infection, rare and idiopathic lung diseases
- Monitoring and treatment of pulmonary critically ill patients
- Molecular mechanisms and biological basis of non-cancer pulmonary disorders
The journal does not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles, this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
We are interested in researchers who are committed to open access, data sharing, and innovation in scientific publishing.
Suitable candidates should:
- have a minimum of fifteen (15) research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
- be frequently listed as a corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years;
- have demonstrable expertise that fits within the scope and the need of the journal.
Suitable Editorial Board Members for BMC Pulmonary Medicine must also:
- support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be committed to representing BMC Pulmonary Medicine within the scientific community;
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
The Editorial Board Member is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the journal’s requirements and recommending decisions on the basis of peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the journal’s editorial policies.
An Editorial Board Member for BMC Pulmonary Medicine should be willing to handle a minimum of twelve (12) manuscripts per year through peer review across a range of disciplines within their broader subject area.
We also encourage all of our Editorial Board Members to take an active interest in journal development and promotional projects to help increase the visibility of our published research.
Our Editorial Board Members will be provided with access to training materials, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Editorial Board Members will report to the Editor of the journal.
More information on Editorial Board Responsibilities can be found here.