- Open Access
Erratum to: Singing classes for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized controlled trial
© Lord et al.; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2014
- Received: 10 October 2014
- Accepted: 10 October 2014
- Published: 19 November 2014
The original article was published in BMC Pulmonary Medicine 2012 12:69
In our 2012 paper on the effect of singing classes for patients with COPD  which compared them to participation in a films studies group, we cited the wrong clinical trial number – (ISRCTN17544114). This number in fact relates to a previous study we had undertaken, published in 2010 which also evaluated singing classes in COPD but had compared them to a “usual care” arm .
The trial number we should have cited is ISRCTN39714922.
- Lord VM, Hume VJ, Kelly JL, Cave P, Silver J, Waldman M, White C, Smith C, Tanner R, Sanchez M, Man WD, Polkey MI, Hopkinson NS: Singing classes for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Pulm Med. 2012, 12 (1): 69-10.1186/1471-2466-12-69.View ArticlePubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar
- Lord VM, Cave P, Hume VJ, Flude EJ, Evans A, Kelly JL, Polkey MI, Hopkinson NS: Singing teaching as a therapy for chronic respiratory disease–a randomised controlled trial and qualitative evaluation. BMC Pulm Med. 2010, 10: 41-10.1186/1471-2466-10-41.View ArticlePubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar
- The pre-publication history for this paper can be accessed here:http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2466/14/181/prepub
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly credited. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.