Skip to main content

Correction to: GPC3 affects the prognosis of lung adenocarcinoma and lung squamous cell carcinoma

The Original Article was published on 10 June 2021

Correction to: BMC Pulm Med (2021) 21:199 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12890-021-01549-9

Following publication of the original article [1], it was brought to the authors’ attention that the control group and the LUSC group in Fig. 8 had been mislabelled and that the descriptions of A and B in the figure legend in Fig. 9 had been reversed, with the result that there were errors in the article content associated with these figures.

The figures and the related content have now been corrected in the published article, and the corrected figures and corrected content can be found detailed below:

Fig. 8
figure 8

Relative mRNA expression by quantitative real-time PCR of GPC3 in LUSC compared with control group, *P < 0.05

Fig. 9
figure 9

Representative photos of positive immunohistochemical GPC3 expression in LUSC tissues (A) and negative GPC3 expression in LUSC tissues


Abstract

Results: The qRT-PCR result showed that GPC3 expression was much lower in the LUSC tissues than that in the control group. IHC results further showed that GPC3 was more negatively expressed than positively expressed in LUSC tissues.”


Methods

“The paraffin sections of cancer tissues were collected from 10 patients undergoing pulmonary malignant tumour surgery at the Liaoning Cancer Hospital and Institute between June 2018 and June 2020.”


Results

GPC3 expression was much lower in the LUSC tissues than that in the control group (P < 0.001, Fig. 8).”

“IHC analysis revealed negative staining of GPC3 protein in seven of the ten (70%) paraffin-embedded LUSC tissues, while positive staining was observed in the remaining cases (three of ten, 30%) (Fig. 9). This suggests that the low expression of GPC3 may be related to the occurrence of LUSC.”

The authors thank you for reading this correction and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Reference

  1. 1.

    Ning J, Jiang S, Li X, Wang Y, Deng X, Zhang Z, He L, Wang D, Jiang Y. GPC3 affects the prognosis of lung adenocarcinoma and lung squamous cell carcinoma. BMC Pulm Med. 2021;21:199.

    CAS  Article  Google Scholar 

Download references

Author information

Affiliations

Authors

Corresponding authors

Correspondence to Daqing Wang or Youhong Jiang.

Additional information

Publisher's Note

Springer Nature remains neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.

Rights and permissions

Open Access This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which permits use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons licence, and indicate if changes were made. The images or other third party material in this article are included in the article's Creative Commons licence, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the article's Creative Commons licence and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder. To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated in a credit line to the data.

Reprints and Permissions

About this article

Verify currency and authenticity via CrossMark

Cite this article

Ning, J., Jiang, S., Li, X. et al. Correction to: GPC3 affects the prognosis of lung adenocarcinoma and lung squamous cell carcinoma. BMC Pulm Med 21, 381 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12890-021-01715-z

Download citation

  • Published:

  • DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12890-021-01715-z